- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
How you EXERCISE
Your body needs exercise that increases your heart rate, promotes muscle activity, and aids neurological integration, so that your body works as it was designed.
Excellent exercises that achieve all three are swimming or walking correctly. You should exercise at least three times a week for 30 minutes or more.
If you're well enough to be involved in a lifestyle sport like mountain biking, hiking, or kayaking, you'll receive some additional benefits. It's refreshing to be out in nature, to face the challenges, and to meet new people. It will be a great stress-reliever and you'll have friends to talk with and keep you accountable.
Here is an exercise that improves neurological balance and re-times internal communication by extending large muscle groups and their joints through full range of motion:
The Morter March (M Power March)
Here's how you do it:
1. Stand comfortably erect, alert yet relaxed.
2. Take an extended step with your left foot, keeping your back (right) foot firmly on the floor. Stretch just far enough forward with your back (right) foot on the floor.
3. As you extend your left leg, raise your right arm to about a 45-degree angle. Your left arm will automatically move back to help you balance. Stretch your left arm downward behind you at about a 45-degree angle. Your position at this point is left leg and right arm stretched forward, right leg and left arm stretched back.
4. Now, turn your head toward the side of the extended right arm, close your eyes, look up, and S-T-R-E-T-C-H! While you are in your extended position, take a deep breath and hold both your breath and your position for 5-10 seconds.
5. Exhale and repeat the exercise with the opposite leg and arm. Repeat the sequence 3-4 times (or less if you become tired).
6. Do this Morter March "workout" twice a day.
Educate, Motivate,and Inspire
Sign-up using the form or call us at 937-596-6000 to take advantage of this exclusive offer.
|Monday||7:00am - 12:30pm||2:00pm - 6:00pm|
|Tuesday||7:30am - 12:30pm||2:00pm - 6:00pm|
|Wednesday||7:30am - 12:30pm||2:00pm - 6:00pm|
|Thursday||7am - 12:30pm||2:00pm - 6:00pm|
|Friday||7:30am - 12:30pm||2:00pm - 5:00pm|
|Saturday||7:30am - 12:00pm|
|7:00am - 12:30pm||7:30am - 12:30pm||7:30am - 12:30pm||7am - 12:30pm||7:30am - 12:30pm||7:30am - 12:00pm||Closed|
|2:00pm - 6:00pm||2:00pm - 6:00pm||2:00pm - 6:00pm||2:00pm - 6:00pm||2:00pm - 5:00pm|
Helped my son control his seizures!!! We are forever great full for Huffer Chiropractor. His staff is also amazing!!! Thanks for all that you do!!!